Enemies of Liberty are ruthless. To own your Liberty, you'd better come harder than your enemies..

Friday, August 26, 2016

When good men do nothing...

The surest way for a person with private interests to get a meeting with Secretary of State Clinton, or a phone call returned by her, it seems, was to dump a bundle of cash into the Clinton Foundation.

Of 154 outsiders whom Clinton phoned or met with in her first two years at State, 85 had made contributions to the Clinton Foundation, and their contributions, taken together, totaled $156 million.

Conclusion: Access to Secretary of State Clinton could be bought, but it was not cheap. Forty of the 85 donors gave $100,000 or more. Twenty of those whom Clinton met with or phoned dumped in $1 million or more.

Politics in America has devolved to an ugly perversion of what it should be, and what it could be.  What should be an art of persuasion has become nothing more than an art of coercion.  The first appeal among rational and civil men should be to intellect.  Failing in reason, one may attempt rhetoric.  Both are morally acceptable, even if the latter is a bit less tasteful.

Yet today most people default to coercion almost immediately when they fail to get their way through dialectic and rhetoric.  "Think as I think and do as I tell you to do, or I will hurt you.  I will cast aspersions, I will attack your business, I will banish you."  Sadly, those tactics work too often against the weak.  Even more sadly, good men rarely stand in moral and righteous indignation any longer when such coercion is in play and on display.

And therein we return to one of our most fundamental problems of the day: When good men do nothing, Evil prevails.

Either too many good men have taken the decision to stand aside, or we are in a severe deficit of good men in America.  Either way, it is not difficult to see where we are headed as a result.

Here's the link.

2 comments:

  1. Psalm 144:1~8 --
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    Who trains my hands for war,
    and my fingers for battle!
    He is my loving GOD and my fortress,
    my stronghold and my Deliverer,
    my shield, in whom I take refuge,
    Who subdues peoples under me.

    LORD, what are human beings that You care for them;
    mere mortals that You think of them?
    They are like a breath;
    their days are like a fleeting shadow.

    Part your heavens, LORD, and come down;
    touch the mountains, so that they smoke.
    Send forth lightning and scatter the enemy;
    shoot Your arrows and rout them.
    Reach down Your hand from on high;
    deliver me and rescue me
    from the mighty waters,
    from the hands of foreigners
    whose mouths are full of lies,
    whose right hands are deceitful.

    Selah

    ReplyDelete

Please post anonymously. III Society members, please use your Call Sign.